This Infection control training course is aimed at staff working within the care and childcare environment. Individuals will understand the importance of why we need to have infection control measures implemented in the workplace. At the end of this course candidates will be able to state the obligations and responsibilities that should be performed when dealing with infection control issues. In addition to this candidates will be able to demonstrate and explain hand washing techniques along with having an understanding of maintaining a clean environment.
• Definition of Infection Control
• How individuals become infected through the chain of infection
• Different types of germs and infection
• Health Care Associated Infections
• The importance of infection control and the management of HCAI
• How to wash hands effectively and appropriately
• Personal protective equipment
• Prevention of infection
• The importance of policy and legislation regarding infection control
• Care Inspectorate awareness
The course is delivered in 2 - 3 hours tailored to your needs. The course and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn through interaction and group activities.
Our training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
All our courses are compliant with health and safety executive guidelines and designed to help you meet and exceed the standards expected by the Care Quality Commission.
If you would like to make an enquiry about an In-House course or for any course dates that we do not have shown here on our website, please use the form below.